Tuesday 25 March 2014

Treasure trove class and GF cupcakes

We are holding the Treasure Trove class this coming saturday at the shop, all the details can be found HERE on the shop blog


Here is the treasure trove Jan made for me for my birthday, she will be teaching a version of this on saturday - you will be able to chose your own colours and style of embellishment


 In between glossing the radiators I squeezed in a little baking for the boys yesterday

Here is my latest gluten free endeavour


And they were the lightest, fluffiest cupcakes I have ever made so it will be gluten free from here on in

Here is the recipe for anyone who is interested

5 oz gluten free all purpose flour ( I used Glutafin White mix)
1 tsp gluten free baking powder ( I used Barkat)
4oz butter ( not margarine ! it doesn't work as well)
4oz sugar
2 medium eggs
1tsp vanilla extract

Icing for the topping, I made my own simply with icing sugar and water

Eggs and butter should be at room temperature, oven set to GM3/170degC/160degC fan/325degF

Cream butter and sugar
Beat in eggs and vanilla essence
Add sieved flour and baking powder ( I added half and beat til smooth and then folded the rest in gently mixing)

This mix makes 12 large cupcakes, bake for 10-15mins, keep your eye on them , mine came out after 13mins

Love and frosting
Tracey
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx