Thursday 13 June 2013

A hug in a card

Sometimes a card is needed for someone for a 'non-happy' point in their life, ie not a celebration

I find these the hardest to make, partly because it makes me feel sad to think someone I care about is suffering. I am a 'fixer' and like to make things better, it's hard for me to have to admit that there is nothing practical I can do other than send a card to let the person know that they are being thought of.

This card is an unusual size for me, it is 8inches x 8inches and was made for my dear dear friend Pat, who's husband had been diagnosed with a serious illness. The card was intended for both of them, just to let them know that myself and the Running With Scissors 'family' were thinking of them



I used Graphic 45 papers, prima flowers and a sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up


I added paint to the tiny roses to soften the colour


I am so very sorry to say Brian lost his battle last week, the world is less one true gentleman

If you are reading this post Pat, we are all here for you and will be thinking of you on thursday when you say goodbye to your soul mate

With much love xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card, for a lovely lady and her family. A sad lost.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx