Sunday 20 January 2013

Songbirds

I have been busy art journalling but most of it has been in the circle journals we are currently involved in at the shop, therefore, I have not been able to share it on here, or it will spoil the surprise for the recipient.

But occasionally when the inks and paints are out anyway I cannot resist playing in my own little art journal.

This is what evolved this week as various mediums lay around my work table.



The backgrounds were created with a mix of acrylic paints and gesso, stencilling with inks and some torn book paper in the corners. I added some stippled gesso through sequin waste for texture.


The quote was handwritten with a black archival journalling pen


The birds have been coloured in with my copic markers.


The tumbling letters are stamped in archival ink and the hearts are punched scraps of paper which have been outlined with a watercolour pencil for a little definition.

I have been busy with the usual sunday roast and cleaning routine today, rewarding myself with a little crafting in between laundry loads, and have managed to complete one of the many unfinished projects that have accumulated in my 'to do' box. I will be back tomorrow to share it with you.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! two wonderful journal pages. Love how you have created depth with the stencils and stamps, the birds are fab, love the nest, is it a stamp? Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Love the colours and the way you have created the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!Brilliant idea for the 'tumbling' letters, might have to 'borrow' that one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pages... Even I love the birds. brilliant.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx