Wednesday 30 January 2013

Daughter dear

It has been AGES, EONS, YONKS, seriously, it seems a gazillion of days has passed since I scrapbooked just for me, just for fun, just because I had a photo I wanted to put in an album - just because .....


Anyhow, I was sat here last night, at my scrap table, which also houses my Mac, which draws me into facebook and emails and itunes and apps and all manner of diversions !

And I suddenly felt the urge to scrap


So scrap I did !



I ignored the diversions, grabbed the nearest couple of sheets of paper and then my latest favourite photo and just played !

The photo is of my daughter Amy, who is incredibly photogenic but who seldom allows me to capture that beauty on film

The papers are Melissa Frances, the cardstock is Color Core, flowers and ribbon from stash, quote is computer generated


Border punch is Martha Stewart, large purple flower is handmade by moi, pearls are Mark Richards


I used a Versamagic ink pad to ink all the edges of the papers.


I spend so much time creating for the shop, for classes and for samples, I had totally forgotten how much fun it is to create something just because !

I used to scrapbook every single day, before the shop, before commitments, and, to be honest I miss it. But, don't get me wrong, I also love my class preparations, it is a case of finding a happy balance, between work and play. I guess that for the last four years I have ALWAYS put the shop first, it is my baby, but I also understand that to stay doing what I do and more importantly - enjoy doing what I do, I also need to, just occasionally, set aside an hour or so, to just PLAY !
Play with what I love the most
Scrapbooking !!!

Scrapbooking led me into crafting
Scrapbooking is my relaxation, my peace
At the risk of sounding all airy fairy, it is what makes my heart sing.

I love making cards, but they are given away, they are made from images, stamps, papers all designed by others and that is fine,
But my scrapbook pages are kept, for me, and my family to look at and love
To remember and cherish
Moments caught on film which will disappear all too quickly, captured and presented in a layout, a memory - preserved to enjoy for many years to come.



4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful page, and such a beautiful picture of Amy..I understand what you are saying. you need time to do what you want, as you do so much for other people..You need to scrapbook more often to give you peace and enjoyment to face all the hard work ahead of you...simply beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Stunning scrapbook page to compliment a beautiful photo. A lesson to be learnt for everyone, to stop every now and then and do something for yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. It's nice to clear your head and have a bit of ME time and the results speak for themselves.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous page....and daughter!! Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx