Friday 4 January 2013

A Dog's Life


I didn't get to make as many handmade gifts this year as I had hoped.
Totally awful planning on my part - you would think that by now I would know that Christmas does indeed fall on the same date each year.
And yet each and every year without fail, the festive season sneaks up on me - by stealth - and catches me unawares and unprepared !

One I did manage to finish was a mini-book for my lovely friend Bonnie who has been an absolute rock all the time I have had the shop, she is my thursday lady, who teaches Parchment and die cutting, but she is so much more than that - to know her is to love her ! And she is one of the most generous people I have ever met, with her time as much as anything else.

Last year she got a new puppy who is adorable and Bonnie is smitten, so I made this little book to house a few of her favourite snapshots of him.



I used papers by Nitwit and some elements from a kit I had ordered from America - by The Paper Studio


I kept lots of the mats blank so Bonnie can add all her treasured photos or add in anecdotes to treasure.







This Nitwit pawprint paper was my favourite.


As promised yesterday her are a few more of the Christmas cards I made this year.


These two slight variations with the sleigh are for two of my neighbours.


One for Linda and her family.


And a slight variation for Bonnie and George


And this one had to be special - for Anita, you can't tell from the photo but the santa is suspended in the aperture of the tent card


A little bit closer to catching up my recent crafting projects

Don't forget the Running With Scissors January SALE is tomorrow - Saturday 5th January 10am - 4pm - lots and lots of bargains to be had !

I have a get well card and some more Christmas cards to share with you all tomorrow too, see you then.



1 comment:

  1. a lovely little book. Bonnie will love it....great Christmas cards. glad you got one made for Anita.lolxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx