Friday 21 September 2012

Circle journal

The second set of pages I created for my own journal, depicting my chosen theme - love.


I created the backgrounds with gesso, acrylic paints and gesso, with stencilling and stamping over the top


The sentiment was stamped in Stazon onto tissue paper and then adhered roughly to maintain some of the wrinkles with gel medium


The butterflies were stamped in black Stazon and a little lilac was added with a Wink of Stella pen, the tails were adorned with white liquid pearls. 


The front and rear of the accompanying tag


My journal has now visited with Anita who has completed the next two pages and tag, but, alas I will not be sharing any more circle journal photos until all the journals are complete and with their respective owners as we thought the surprise element at the end would be worth the wait.

I must at this point add a couple of thankyou's to this post

To dad for once again working tirelessly to get my two new fabby card units built and ready for all the yummy new cardstock we took delivery of this week and for altering all the wallspace to make room for all the new hanging stock we have in store and coming soon

To Anita, Margaret and Beryl who spent all tuesday afternoon, sorting shelving and hanging new and repositioned stock

To Kate who bought me a lovely new bag to keep my circle journal in ( in my fave colour pink, which happens to also be Kate's least fave colour so I feel doubly blessed !) and for the bag full of choccie bickies

And finally to Margaret who presented me with an absolutely beautiful and thoughtful gift of trinkets, doodads and all manner of delish embellishments to craft with, especially the cutest book I have ever received. The gifts were lovely and I loved them all, but by far the most appreciated part of the gift was that Margaret had picked up all the individual pieces from her recent travels, I had been in her thoughts each time she had been away - that thought will be treasured forever, Margaret, you are one very special friend and I love you dearly xxx

I will leave you with one of the quotes from Margaret's little book, which is very apt to me


I am happy
Because I am loved

C. Warmoll



1 comment:

  1. oh gosh these are amazing pages,and such beautiful colours,and beautiful detail hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx