Tuesday 17 January 2012

Sitting pretty

Todays sketch - tuesday


Just a quick post from me today, updating my sketch. I preferred this one, to the last two I completed.  I felt the lines were better, it came together quickly but it was a bigger jump than I thought moving from the magical,mythical alate imaginations of Brian Froud to the paired down modern and much less detailed images of Inslee Haynes.

But that is the beauty of choosing many varied artists to draw inspiration from. playing with styles and exploring which I enjoy more.

I also started work on my life book, the sketch is done but I decided I really needed to treat myself to some neo colours to finish the piece, so I will be sharing that once I have added the colour.

I enjoyed a really lovely afternoon with Nicki and Anita today, and we actually managed to get some crafting done, we are working on some mini books. Mine is for a very special friend who also has a birthday in feb ( I thought I had better start early as I have quite a few projects ongoing)

Back tomorrow with my class cards
xxx

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I like this one best although the other 2 were still very good. Can't believe we actually got some crafting done, just goes to show we CAN multi task! Regardless of what Alan says, lol.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I agree with Anita, I had a lovely afternoon crafting.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Anita. I had a lovely afternoon too.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx