Monday 5 September 2011

Cards, cards and more cards

It is my friend Anita's birthday on thursday, a special one (21 plus VAT), she truly is a wonderful friend, it might have taken us almost 40 years to meet but we are definitely making up for lost time and I feel like she has always been a part of my life.

Here is the card I made for her


It is based on the napkin fold card which I found on this website here. It opens out to create all these folds and a place for  a verse / sentiment


Clearly this card doesn't fit a standard envelope so I made a box for it.


I spent the afternoon with Anita, Nicki, Margaret and my mum and dad, we had a yummy meal and a barrel of laughs. Don't you just love when you know you can go out for lunch and feel totally relaxed, we are all so alike and have the same humour, we were so busy enjoying it I forgot to take photos - naughty scrapbooker !!!

Next up are the two cards we made at the Stampin' Up demo on sunday


Linda did herself proud, the classes went really well and we loved the cards, thankyou Linda for a great day out. Also to Val for all the lovely cups of coffee.  And a huge thankyou to Linda's daughter Leanne who made the most gorgeously delish cupcakes. What more can a girl ask for - a day of crafting with cupcakes to keep the energy levels up.


Finally I have a quick and simple card to share with you all, this I made for my neighbour in the little parade of shops I am situated in. Rachel has just opened her Barbers shop and we wanted to wish her much luck and happiness in her new venture, the colours are to match her colour scheme in the shop.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, you've been busy! Lovely cards with interesting folds too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the gorgeously beautiful card and for a really lovely afternoon. It's so great to spend time with fabulous friends. It's like we've always known each other, great laughs and great company. Thanks to all for making my day. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards and a lovely catch up with everyone:)

    I can't wait til my birthday;) with all the scrummy cards everybody has been making.


    Love ya.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, just sitting quietly with your picture on my screen it is been possible to work out the napkin fold. Just what i need for something in October! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx